New EMA Study Finds AI Crucial For Modern Software Testing
Industry report reveals traditional test automation tools and practices can no longer scale to meet the complexities of delivering modern software without AI
SAN MATEO, Calif., September 20, 2021 – Applitools (https://applitools.com/) has announced its inclusion in new research published by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) titled “Disrupting the Economy of Software Testing Through AI “. According to the report, Visual AI has the greatest impact on software testing compared to other available applications of AI technology in the market today.
As the first-ever in-depth research report on the impact of AI on automated testing, the report found that organizations that depend on traditional testing tools and techniques are failing to adapt to the needs of digital demands of today and are quickly falling behind their competitors. The report identifies critical factors hampering software engineering and DevOps teams, including increasing costs for quality control and increasing complexity associated with increasing release speed, number of smart devices, systems, and more. operating and programming languages.
As such, EMA Research examined the impact of six real-world scenarios of traditional test automation practices. The report goes on to describe five critical capabilities where AI and machine learning (ML) are used to provide real return on investment (ROI) and scalability to support the increasing complexity of software delivery. Each of these scenarios and capabilities addresses the most common bottlenecks and issues encountered by developers, test engineers, and DevOps teams.
Download the full report: http://applitools.info/ema-report
âThe ability of companies to accelerate customer value creation through software innovation, at lower cost, has become critical to gaining competitive advantages,â said Torsten Volk, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), chief research officer . âAI-powered test automation technologies can deliver real ROI today and have the potential to solve, and ultimately eliminate, today’s critical automation bottlenecks. that stifle the delivery of modern software. “
Key data points for the report include:
- An almost 100% increase in the number of test automation related questions posted to StackOverflow over the past year.
- The growing number of different smartphones released each year (30% CAGR since 2017 for Android only) puts increasing pressure on quality assurance teams.
- The explosion of cloud native architecture and microservice-based applications that reside on a growing number of cloud services (up 225% since 2015) from AWS, Azure and Google Cloud add to the complexity of software delivery .
- The increase in technological complexity and the growing number of monthly code releases, multiplied by the traditional set of daily tasks to be performed by test engineers, results in an exponential increase in the testing effort required for complete control of the quality of the software.
- Test automation frameworks typically rely on a jungle of test scripts written in different languages, using different sets of runtime parameters and lacking consistent compliance testing capabilities. As a result, organizations are forced to make the difficult choice of adding cost or risk to their agile development processes.
An AI-based approach to software testing disrupts the traditionally linear relationship between the number of software versions and the associated test overhead. Ultimately, AI-powered testing eliminates the vicious rectangle that forces organizations to compromise between faster release, maximizing spend, improving product customer value (quality) and time reserved for innovation.
The full report highlights the findings of the EMA on:
- Why the cost of quality control is out of control
- Critical points facing modern software development teams
- 5 Ways Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Can Make an Impact Today
- The maturity of some of the tools / vendors that offer AI-powered platforms
To learn more about how AI can help solve common test automation scenarios with practical solutions, register for the next webinar with EMA’s Torsten Volk and receive a copy of the full report at http://applitools.info/ema-webinar.
Applitools is the industry leader in the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for test automation, delivering a next-generation test automation platform powered by Visual HAVE. Over 400 cents of the world’s leading brands in industry verticals such as tech, banking, insurance, retail, pharmacy and publishing – including 50 of the Fortune 100 – use Applitools to deliver the best digital experiences possible for millions of customers on any device and browser, and on all screen sizes and operating systems.
Applitools Ultrafast Test Cloud modernizes critical test automation use cases – functional testing, visual testing, web and mobile UI / UX testing, cross-browser testing, responsive web design testing, cross-testing, cross-browser testing, devices, PDF testing, accessibility testing, and compliance testing – to transform the way businesses innovate at DevOps speed without jeopardizing their brand.
Applitools is headquartered in San Mateo, California with an R&D center in Tel Aviv, Israel. To learn more, visit applitools.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
303-581-7760, ext. 16
Share this article